Friday, January 29, 2010

Innapropriate Things From My Youth: Blacky

Austria is a good place. The landscape is beautiful. The architecture is pristine. The people are great. And besides a few blemishes here and there, the history is fascinating.

Growing up in Austria, and spending many great summers there triggers great memories.

One of my favorite memories is going to the public swimming pool with friends and family. I loved asking my parents for a few Schillings (now defunct thanks to the rainbow colored Euro) to get myself some ice cream.

My favorite was always a chocolate covered vanilla bar. The Austrian's, with their tolerance for difference aptly titled this ice cream bar "Blacky". So without further ado, here it is:

1 comment:

  1. The Austrian's, with their (in)tolerance for difference aptly titled this ice cream bar "Blacky".

    - fixed for you.

    ReplyDelete